Fancy yourself as a handy snapper? Our Image Club is your chance to feature in Country Life.
Send us your best photographs – holiday snaps, bushveld vistas or anything else ‘Country Life’ – and we might print your picture in the magazine or post it online.
AND there are great prizes on offer. First prize is worth R1 000; second R750; third R500; and fourth R250.
BEFORE uploading, please ensure your photograph is AT LEAST 300dpi. That’s the minimum quality required to print in the magazine. One to three images can be uploaded with a combined file size of 5MB.
You can also email your entries to: [email protected] (with required info as requested above).
Country Life invites amateur photographers, as well as scholars under the age of 19, to submit three of their photographs for the monthly competition for judging by our panel.
There are three ways to enter the competition: post, website and email.
Each entry must include:
1. Your contact details (phone number, email and postal address)
2. Your camera details (model and make of camera, film stock and lens) camera settings (lens focal length, shutter speed, aperture (f-stop) details of whether a beanbag, tripod, filter, polariser, or other accessory was used)
3. The location (a description of where and at what time of day the picture was taken)
4. Scholar info where necessary (school contact details, scholars’ age and grade)
5. And an image or quality print
All photographs must be taken in the countryside in South Africa or in our border countries.
Please don’t submit any images that have already been sent to other magazines running similar photographic competitions for at least three months after submitting your photo to Country Life. Country Life reserves the right to disqualify anyone contravening these rules and withhold prizes.
Note: If you have won an Image Club prize, you will not be allowed to enter the competition for three months thereafter. Once that time period has lapsed, we encourage you to enter once again. Digital images and lab prints/slides are acceptable.
Send disc, print or slide with all the relevant information in a suitable envelope to Country Life Image Club, PO Box 1610 Parklands 2121
All returns are done by registered mail so if you would like your print, slide or disc returned please include a SASE with enough postage to cover registered post return.
5. Digital Photography
Any manipulation or modification to the original image is limited to minor retouching, resizing, flipping, cropping, selective lightening or darkening and restoration of the original colour of a scene. The faithful representation of a natural form, behaviour or phenomenon must be maintained. Manipulation or modification must not alter the content of the original scene. No pictures taken under controlled conditions will be accepted.
Winners are chosen on the merit of their photographs. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses within South Africa. Prizes are as published in the magazine and vary from month to month.
7. Country Life accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged photographs. We do not acknowledge receipt of photographs and return only those submitted with SASE.
8. Country Life reserves the right to use the images entered into the Image Club competition, without payment but credited to the photographer, in future issues, on the website and for promotional purposes.
9. This competition is not open to employees of Caxton Magazines or their families.