Chef Daniela Gutstadt of the Culinary Table shares her easy home-made sauerkraut recipe with us.
You also might like: A Chef’s Secret to Making Baingan ka Achaar
- 2 heads white cabbage, washed and quartered
- 2 carrots
- 3T salt
- 1T caraway seeds
- Shave the cabbage and the carrot using a mandoline.
- Add the salt to the cabbage and carrots and massage until the moisture from the vegetables is released and the leaves start to break down.
- Add the caraway seeds.
- Transfer the cabbage mixture to a fermenting crock or glass jar and leave at room temperature to ferment for at least 3 days.
- After that, transfer the sauerkraut to a clean glass jar and store in the fridge for as long as 3 months.
You also might like: Pickled Pork Loin