Looking for a filo parcel filling to thrill your guests? Look no further than this Camembert, leek and blueberry recipe.
Spinach is so passé. Give these Camembert, leek and blueberry parcels a try.
- ½ medium onion
- 1 leek
- 30ml olive oil
- 100ml cream
- 60g blueberries
- 8 filo sheets
- 2 Stone House Camembert wheels (or similar)
- 50g butter
- Slice the onion and leek finely, not using the very course green leaves of the leek.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent. Add the leek and sweat off until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and season, then reduce roughly by half.
- Allow the mixture to cool down completely, then add the berries.
- To assemble, take two sheets of filo. Brush one with melted butter, then place the second on top and repeat. Place the double layer of filo in an ovenproof ramekin the size of the Camembert cheese.
- Place ¼ of the filling on the filo, cut the Camembert in half horizontally and place skin side down on top of the mixture.
- Gather the sides of the filo and bring together. Gently twist and seal, and cut the excessive pastry off. Brush with melted butter. Repeat for the other three ramekins, then bake at 180°C for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Chef Jonathan Davies joined the team at Manor House in March 2018 and has been at the helm of their restaurant ever since. He takes inspiration from the produce of the Overberg and serves up mouthwatering meals like these Chicken Croquettes. Get there the recipe here.
The restaurant is open for breakfast lunch and dinner on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and for breakfast and lunch on Sundays.
The restaurant can be found on the Stanford Valley Guest Farm on the R326
+27 (0) 72 198 0862; [email protected]
Recipes supplied and approved by chef.