Bacon paired with mushrooms is always a hit. Try this tasty mushroom and bacon crustless quiche recipe as a light meal or for your next brunch…
- 5ml olive oil
- 200g portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- 60g bacon, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2ml pepper
- ½ punnet baby button mushrooms, sautéed
- Fresh summer salad to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 3cm-deep, 22cm ceramic quiche dish.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add mushroom, bacon and garlic. Add the red pepper and onion. sauté, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat. Spoon mixture over base of prepared dish. Top with feta.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a jug. Season with pepper. Pour egg mixture over the feta in the quiche dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and just set. Stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
- Serve with the baby button mushrooms as well as a fresh summer salad and olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.
Cooks tip: to reduce the sodium content replace the feta with ricotta cheese.