Delicious doughnut or should it be dough not? We do enjoy this melt-in-your-mouth sweet treat. Pouyoukas has the answer with this recipe for fauxnuts. These tasty bites have a biscuit consistency and the look of a doughnut, minus all of the fried fat.
- 160 g Pouyoukas potato flour
- 70 g castor sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) milk
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- Icing, to decorate
- Sprinkles, to decorate
- Melted chocolate, to decorate
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Make a well in the centre and stir in the milk, melted butter and beaten egg until well combined. Spoon into a sealable plastic bag and cut one corner to make a hole.
- Pipe 12 rounds onto a lined baking tray, leaving a gap between each fauxnut.
- Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 20-25 minutes, until cooked and slightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool completely before decorating with icing, melted chocolate and sprinkles.