Bring Provence into your home with Le Creuset’s lavender-inspired range of cookware and this simply delicious lavender-roasted pears recipe.
You also might like: How to Make Mixed Berry and Cognac Lollipops
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp. dried lavender
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3 whole pears
- 1 punnet (125g) of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. fleur de sel or good-quality sea salt flakes (optional)
- Pulse sugar and lavender together in a food processor or spice grinder. Preheat oven to 220°C and butter the inside of a Le Creuset 33cm Rectangular Dish with Lid.
- Peel, halve and core the pears, then toss with 3 tablespoons of the lavender sugar. Lay the pears cut side down in the stoneware baking dish, cover with lid and bake for 20-30 minutes until just barely soft. Remove from oven and remove the lid.
- Preheat the grill element. Turn pears cut side up and sprinkle each pear with ½ teaspoon lavender sugar, then place 15cm under the grill and cook until caramelised, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve pear halves with fresh raspberries, crème fraîche and drizzled with honey. Sprinkle with fleur de sel if desired.
You also might like: Sticky Date and Pecan Cake
Find the new Provence range on Le Creuset’s online store.