SEVEN of our finest young South African chefs have made it through to phase 2 for the overall S. Pellegrino Young Chef awards taking place in Milan, June 2015.
More than 3000 young chefs submitted their applications together with their signature dish on www.finedininglovers.com to get a chance to participate in the local event where one chef is selected to represent the region to find the world’s best young chefs.
For Africa and Middle East, these are the names of the 10 finalists:
1. Amoré Botha (South African) Chef de partie, 12 Apostles Hotel and Spa
2. Angelo Scirocco (South African) Sous Chef, Chefs Warehouse
3. Constantijn Hahndiek (South African) Chef, OSA restaurant
4. Darren Badenhorst (South African) Chef, Grande Provence
5. Eka Mochamad Chef, ‘Pepper Fine Dining Restaurant by Jumeirah
6. Katlego Sebastian Mlambo (South African) Sous Chef, Rust en Vrede Restaurant
7. Rahil Rathod Chef de Partie, Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Deira Creek-Boulvar
8. Sanjay Thakur Chef, Etihad Airways
9. Simone van der Merwe (South African) Sous Chef, ‘De Kloof Restaurant
10. Vusi Ndlovu (South African) Sous Chef, Saxon Qunu Grill