Greg Gill and Louis Opperman never planned to open a restaurant, but now their organic kos is a hit… In April 2007 Paradise Organics opened its doors. Try their pumpkin and sage soup recipe…
- 750g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2-3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 6 sage leaves
- salt and pepper
- sage leaves, deep-fried,
- for garnish
- Sweat pumpkin and potatoes in olive oil for 6-8 minutes on low heat. Add vegetable stock and sage leaves and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Blend in food processor and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with slithers of deep-fried sage leaves and serve with croutons.