There’s simply no excuse for a bland plate of food. Using a jar of pickled onions from Judy’s Preserves, you can give basically any plate of food that essential kick it needs to go from bland to brilliant.
Try these 7 methods:
1. Create a tangy taste sensation by slicing pickled onions as a delicious accompaniment to a mature cheddar sandwich.
3. Need to make a quick delicious salad dressing? ¾ olive oil, ¼ cup remaining vinaigrette from your Judy’s jar, ground black pepper.
4. Serve a plate of olives and pickled onions as a delightful accompaniment to cocktail hour.
5. Spice it up by creating a zesty cream cheese and pickled onion dip, served with nachos, bread sticks and crudités.
6. Pickle juice is great for softening meat. Use it as a marinade for pork chops or steak.
7. For a touch of vibrancy, drizzle the remaining vinegar on your fish & chips. Round off with freshly ground black pepper.
8. Take macaroni cheese to a whole new level by adding 1 tablespoon of brine to your favourite recipe.