A great braai stays with you, as does the experience of braaiing… Try Jean Nel’s recipe for biltong salad…
Just one request, just one! Please don’t use dry biltong for this recipe! Wet biltong is what this is all about. Slice it fresh then add the other ingredients. – Jean Nel
- 250g wet biltong
- 250g strawberries, sliced
- 125g feta, cubed or crumbled
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced (optional)
- Rocket leaves
- 60ml olive oil
- 15ml balsamic syrup
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the wet biltong with the strawberries, feta, spring onion and red onion (if using). Spread the rocket leaves on a salad plate and place the mixed biltong mixture on to it.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic syrup. Season with black pepper.
More Braai the Beloved Country by Jean Nel (Jacana Media)