Garlic, butter and parsley are a perfect combination with seafood.
Try this tasty braaied crayfish recipe as a special treat. Trust us, it’s well worth the indulgence.
- Crayfish (1 - 2 per person)
- Olive oil
- Garlic and Parsley Butter
- 6 cloves garlic
- 200g softened unsalted butter
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Using a sharp knife, split the crayfish along the underside from the head to the end of the tail. Leave the shell intact. Clean out the intestines and head cavity.
- For the garlic and parsley butter, crush six cloves of garlic with a teaspoon of sea salt. Using a pestle and mortar: Add the butter, combine well and then stir through the parsley. These proportions can be adjusted to taste. Cayenne pepper also makes a piquant addition.
- Brush the flesh lightly with olive oil. Place on a grill flesh side down, over medium coals with no flame. It should take a couple of minutes for the flesh to colour. Turn the crayfish over and spread liberally with the garlic and parsley butter. It will melt immediately on the warm meat, filling the shell. Grill for another few minutes until the flesh is just firm. Do not be tempted to overcook, as the crayfish will continue cooking in the shell after you take it off the heat. Add more garlic and parsley butter if desired and serve.