A great braai stays with you, as does the experience of braaiing… Try Jean Nel’s recipe for brandy & Coke pork ribs…
A favourite drink around the braai in our beloved country is brandy and coke. So let’s braai with it. – Jean Nel
- 2 racks pork spare ribs, approximately 1.4kg
- 250ml brandy
- 750ml Coca-Cola
- 300ml tomato sauce
- A few good drops of Tabasco
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 90ml hoisin sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Place ribs in a non-metallic dish and pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove ribs an hour before the braai. Put on a tin foil tray. Put ribs on the braai and cover the lid. Braai for an hour and 15 minutes, basting every 20 minutes or so. Remove the ribs from the container and put it on the braai grid. Braai for 5 minutes on each side.
- While ribs are on the braai, pour some marinade into a small pot, bring to the boil and reduce by half. Remove ribs from the braai and pour sauce over.
More Braai the Beloved Country by Jean Nel (Jacana Media)