We all know chicken is a crowd-pleaser at the dinner table, but sometimes it feels a little formulaic. This easy and different chicken recipe is a wonderful dish for the whole family.
With its delicious taste and sophisticated appearance, you would never guess these stuffed chicken breasts were actually easy and quick to make.
- ½ cup Pouyoukas couscous (wholewheat, plain or flavoured)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 50g blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 4 rashers middle bacon
- Place the couscous in a medium bowl and add ½ cup boiling water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Fluff up the couscous with a fork to separate the grains.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and cook the mushrooms, stirring for 4-5 minutes. Set aside to cool. Add mushroom, cheese and parsley to the couscous and season with pepper.
- Split each chicken fillet lengthways without cutting all the way through. Working with 1 fillet at a time, place between 2 sheets of baking paper and pound with a rolling pin to flatten. Season inside of chicken with pepper.
- Place ¼ of the couscous mixture on half of the chicken, leaving a 1cm edge. Fold over chicken to enclose the filling, pressing edges together. Wrap with a rasher of bacon. Repeat with remaining chicken, couscous mixture and bacon.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken parcels for 5-6 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.