These rice paper spring rolls from Roushanna Gray of Veld & Sea taste as good as they look.
Read our interview with Roushanna Gray here.
- 6 rice-paper spring roll wrappers
- selection of edible flowers
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup red cabbage, sliced
- ½ cup carrots, julienne
- ½ cup sweet peppers, julienne
- With all your ingredients at hand, soak a rice paper wrapper in the bowl of water until soft.
- Place on a wooden board and fill with ingredients. Remember to work backwards in terms of how you want the design to come out. I start with the pretty flower petals first and then layer with veg.
- Fold the top and left side and then the right until you have a snug package. Serve with a sweet chilli dipping sauce.
Beverage suggestion: Migliarina Chardonnay
Styling Sven Alberding
Photography Warren Heath