On top of being delicious, this chai latte recipe from Brookdale Health Hydro has the added benefits of being dairy- and caffeine-free.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- 1 star anise
- 4 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 rooibos tea bag
- cinnamon quills
- Place milk in a saucepan with the spices. Gently bring to the boil so that all the flavours can infuse.
- Stir in the honey and gently simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tea bag to the saucepan and remove from heat, allowing the tea bag to brew according to taste.
- Strain into serving mugs and serve with cinnamon quills.
Looking for more healthy beverage recipes? Try Brookdale’s Iced Tea.
R103, Old Main Road, Nottingham Road, KwaZulu-Natal
+27 (0) 33 266 6208; +27 (0) 82 906 0842; [email protected]
Recipe supplied and approved by chef
Photography Craig Scott