If you’re looking for a healthy snack, then you need to try these fig and pistachio truffles from Brookdale Health Hydro.
- 250g dried dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, and extra to coat truffles
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g pistachio nuts, toasted and chopped
- 100g dried figs, finely diced
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Soak dates in 125ml boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Add dates, coconut oil, cocoa, almonds, vanilla, pistachio nuts, figs and chia seeds in food processor and blitz.
- Roll into walnut-size balls and coat by rolling each truffle in cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate in a container for 1 hour.
These truffles are gluten-free and vegan-friendly. They'll keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
This truffle recipe makes for great padkos. If you’re looking for more road trip food snacks, take a look here.
R103, Old Main Road, Nottingham Road, KwaZulu-Natal
+27 (0) 33 266 6208; +27 (0) 82 906 0842; [email protected]
Recipe supplied and approved by chef
Photography Craig Scott