Enjoy this fresh take on grilled squid from chef Bertus Basson.
- 2 heads of baby gem lettuce, washed
- 10g chopped parsley
- 20g chopped capers
- 2 chillies, sliced
- 10 small tomatoes, halved
- 100g shaved cucumber
- 100g shaved fennel bulb
- 350g of squid, tubes cleaned and sliced open
- olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Dress the squid with olive oil and place on a hot fire. It will only take 20 seconds per side for a small squid to be cooked. Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and add the squid, hot off the fire.
- Dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss and serve on a large platter with crusty bread; feast on it immediately.
Wine suggestion Hidden Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2014