Herb & Dijon mustard crusted fillet with roasted tomatoes, fresh herbs, and fresh micro greens
Top tips before you start
- Bring the steak to room temperature first. This reduces grilling time and ensures consistent cooking throughout the steak.
- Use direct heat to grill and make sure the fire is as hot as possible.
- Sear in those juices! Use TONGS (remember, don’t EVER puncture your steak!) and place the steak on the grill. Do NOTHING for at least 2 minutes.
- After about 2 minutes (for medium-rare, a little more for Medium), lift, turn your steak and then set it back down for another 3 minutes (again, for medium-rare, a little more if you like it medium).
- After a total of about 5 minutes, it’s time to flip that steak again and leave it alone for about 2 more minutes.
- Once done to your liking, remove and rest for 2 – 3 minutes. This allows the juices to re-distribute, so they don’t all run out when you slice into that perfect steak.