- 5 ml (1 tsp) butter
- 5 ml (1 tsp) olive oil
- 3 leeks, washed and sliced with the
- green tops
- 1 ml (. tsp) dried crushed garlic
- 2.5 ml (. tsp) salt
- 1 head of butter lettuce, finely sliced
- 250 g (1. c) frozen peas
- 1.25 litres (5 c) boiling water
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) chicken or vegetable
- stock powder
- 125 g (. of 410 g tin) chickpeas,
- 125 ml (. c) chopped parsley
- Melt the butter and olive oil together.
- Add the leeks, garlic and salt.
- Saut. over medium heat for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the sliced lettuce and the peas.
- Add the boiling water and stock powder.
- Boil for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Add the chickpeas and heat through.
- Add the parsley and liquidise until the soup is smooth.
- Reheat before serving.
- Optional: serve with one slice of bread topped with avocado per
serving (®ˆ avocado is equivalent to 2 fats). TIP: This soup can be eaten at room temperature in summer. It is particularly good as a starter at a dinner party.