Spring is here. It’s time to lighten things up, seize the day and make more memories.
We’ve put a twist on this recipe, turning up the spice of this warm Thai beef salad with the addition of All Gold Tomato & Chilli Pasta Sauce.
Make it, taste it, love it and share it with friends and family. Enjoy this warm Thai beef salad on the patio with loved ones and savour springtime in style.
- 500 g beef rump/fillet, cut into strips
- ¾ cup ALL GOLD Tomato & Chilli Pasta Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey or melted palm sugar
- 2 tsp basil, chopped
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 cups red peppers, julienned
- 1 cup snap peas
- 2 cups baby spinach or pak choi
- 1 cup onions, cut into wedges
- 150 g bamboo shoots, drained
- 3 tsp soya sauce
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place beef strips in marinade and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Heat a wok or frying pan until hot, add drained beef strips into pan and stir-fry until almost cooked.
- Add the rest of the marinade and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Combine all vegetable ingredients in a bowl and allow to marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- Remove and stir fry vegetables for 2-3 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To serve: combine beef and vegetables and arrange onto plate. Top with extra fresh chopped coriander/basil to garnish.
Chef’s Tip: Replace beef with chicken or prawns.