This roasted pear and pecan nut salad from Brookdale Health Hydro goes down a real treat.
- 3 pears, cut into wedges
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- ½ cucumber, sliced into ribbons with a peeler
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp spring onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp pecan nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- honey to taste
- nuts, sprouts or micro greens
- Preheat the oven to 180 to 200°C.
- Place the pears on a roasting tray and dry roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients.
- Assemble the salad by placing the salad leaves on a platter. Toss the pear, cucumber, cranberries and spring onion together and place on top of the leaves.
- Just before serving, spoon the dressing over the salad and sprinkle with nuts and sprouts or micro greens.
Looking for another tasty salad? Try this Spring Greens Salad.
Brookdale Health Hydro is a KZN Midlands retreat that encourages its guests to make healthier choices without sacrificing taste. Chef Juliet Stephenson and dietician Caryn Davies are the talented duo behind Brookdale’s delicious offering.
R103, Old Main Road, Nottingham Road, KwaZulu-Natal
+27 (0) 33 266 6208; +27 (0) 82 906 0842; [email protected]
Recipe supplied and approved by chef
Photography Craig Scott