The Delish Sisters, Kate and Rebecca Lund, modestly describe their cooking as healthy, home-style food. Try their recipe for Roasted Pepper, Aubergine, Basil and Sundried Tomato Cream Cheese Terrine…
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 big aubergines thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 150g sundried tomato quarters (the ones in
- oil or a vinaigrette, not the dry ones)
- 400g cream cheese
- olive oil
- micro leaves
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the whole peppers onto a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until the skin is blackened. Remove from the oven and place into a bowl, cover with clingwrap and set aside to sweat.
- In a blender combine the basil, sundried tomatoes and cream cheese.
- Heat a pan on the stove top with a bit of olive oil and fry the thinly sliced aubergine until golden. Set aside.
- Uncover the peppers, remove the cores and skins and put the peeled peppers into a bowl ready to layer up.
- Line a loaf tin with cling film. Now for the fun part! Arrange a layer of the peppers, aubergine and basil along the bottom. Then cover with a layer of the cream-cheese mixture. Alternate the cream cheese with the peppers, aubergine and basil (probably about 4 or 5 layers of each). Finish your terrine with the aubergines. Cover tightly with clingfilm and pop something heavy on top of it. Leave in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight to set.
- Turn it out of the loaf tin, remove the clingfilm and garnish with fresh micro leaves.
Wine suggestion: Zevenwacht 7even Rosé