Get into the swing of spring with this beetroot quinoa salad recipe.
Using Rugani’s 100% beetroot juice will put a new twist on cooking quinoa and give it a gorgeous pink colour.
- Beetroot Quinoa
- 2 C (500 ml) Rugani Beetroot Juice
- 2 C (500 ml) water
- 2 C (500 ml) red or white quinoa
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Roasted Butternut
- 1 large butternut, peeled and cubed olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Salad Toppings
- ½ C (125 ml) pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 5-6 pickled baby beetroots, quartered
- 125 g feta, crumbled
- 1 bag of wild rocket
- For the beetroot quinoa, add the Rugani Beetroot Juice, water, quinoa and salt to a medium-size saucepan and cook according to the package details. Once cooked, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- For the roasted butternut, preheat the oven to 220 ºC. Toss the cubed butternut with olive oil, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Place onto a roasting tray and roast until the butternut is soft and the edges are beginning to caramelise. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Toss the cooked quinoa with half of the roasted butternut and half of the baby beets. Then top with the rest of the butternut and beetroot pieces. Crumble over the feta and seeds and garnish with fresh rocket.
*Note the beetroot juice in the quinoa will give the feta and butternut a pink tinge, so the second half of your garnishes aside and top your salad just before serving.
There are five great Rugani Juice flavours to choose from: carrot juice, carrot and ginger, carrot and pineapple, pineapple, and beetroot. You can find Rugani Juices on sale at Food Lover’s Markets and Dis-Chems nationwide.