Food & Home Entertaining: A Year of Seasonal Dishes brings together a number of delicious, trendy and easy recipes. Try this Snoek and Summer Peaches with Herb Remoulade…
- 1 egg
- 12,5ml Dijon mustard
- 2,5ml garlic, chopped
- 200ml canola oil
- 30ml white-wine vinegar
- 75ml spring onion, chopped
- 25ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 45ml dill cucumber, chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 70g double-thick Greek yoghurt
- Tabasco, to taste
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 medium snoek, butterflied
- 6 dessert peaches, halved
- melted butter, for brushing
- 50ml maple syrup
- Light a charcoal fire and allow the coals to burn.
- To make the remoulade: Combine the mustard, garlic and egg in a bowl or glass jar. Add the oil in three batches to make a thick mayonnaise, and finish with the vinegar. Stir in the spring onion, parsley, dill cucumber, hard-boiled egg and yoghurt. Season generously with Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Brush the fish and peaches with melted butter. Grill the fish over the hot coals, about 12 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Grill the peaches until soft, 7-8 minutes on each side. Glaze the peaches with the maple syrup and caramalise, 2-3 minutes.
- Top the grilled fish with the peaches and serve with the remoulade
Recipe extract courtesy of Food and Home Entertaining (Human and Rousseau)
Recipe and Styling: Jacques Erasmus
Pictures: Myburgh du Plessis