Salad the forager’s way.
Throw together this spring greens salad from Roushanna Gray of Veld & Sea in minutes for an easy side.
Read our interview with Roushanna here.
- 1 cup of kale, chopped
- 1 cup of baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup of mixed lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup of nasturtium leaves, whole
- ¼ cup of green nasturtium seeds
- handful nasturtium and calendula flowers
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a big bowl, mix the greens and the dressing well and set aside for an hour to marinate in its juices.
- Decant into a large salad bowl, sprinkle with nasturtium seeds and garnish nasturtium seeds and garnish with nasturtium flowers and calendula petals.
Beverage suggestion: Gin Basil Smash or spring water with a leaf of pelargonium
Styling Sven Alberding
Photography Warren Heath