Keep it light.
This asparagus is served with a forager’s twist thanks to Roushanna Gray of Veld & Sea.
To read our interview with Roushanna, click here.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 farm eggs
- 100g butter
- 6 anchovies
- 2 tbsp sea salt flakes
- sprinkle of dried flower petals
- handful of foraged chickweed
- To make the anchovy butter, blend the anchovies in softened butter until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Fill little butter dishes and put in the fridge to set.
- For the flower salt, mix the sea salt and flower petals and serve in a little bowl.
- Lightly steam the asparagus for about four minutes. Do not overcook as you want to retain the green colour and crisp texture.
- Toss in olive oil before serving.
- Soft boil the farm eggs, peel and place on the chickweed and serve with asparagus, anchovy butter and flower salt.
For a heartier meal, include a basket of sliced assorted farm breads. Beverage suggestion: Theonista kombucha, lemon Equinox flavour
Styling Sven Alberding
Photography Warren Heath