Celebrate the creative spirit of two gourmet pioneers with the sweetest pairing – LINDT EXCELLENCE and Le Creuset. Try this Sesame Chocolate Soufflé recipe…
- 65g cream
- 100g LINDT EXCELLENCE Roasted Sesame
- 5g cocoa powder
- 20g egg yolk (1 yolk of a large egg)
- 5g corn flour (maizena)
- 120g egg whites (4 whites of large eggs)
- 40g castor sugar
- 5g sesame seeds (for sprinkling)
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the broken pieces of chocolate, stirring well to create a smooth chocolate paste. Add the cocoa powder and mix until smooth.
- In a small bowl combine the yolk and the corn flour mixing to a smooth paste. Add some of the chocolate paste to the egg yolk/maizena mix to temper in the two. Then add to the rest of the chocolate paste in the saucepan and return to a low heat to cook out for 30 seconds. Remove from the saucepan into a larger mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the egg whites into a clean bowl and whisk until soft peaks form, then start adding sugar. Fold in the meringue in two batches into the chocolate custard base until a smooth, runny batter is achieved. Be careful not to over mix and deflate your soufflé batter. Pour into well-greased 10cm mini cocottes to the top and level off evenly. Then using your thumb wipe the rim of the cocottes clean – there should be no residual mixture left, as this will bake quicker and prevent your soufflé from rising evenly. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C until risen, for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve with pieces of Halva and a dusting of icing sugar.
LINDT MASTER CHOCOLATIER’S TIP
The hotter the oven the quicker the soufflé will rise, but the faster it will deflate. A more moderate high heat will ensure a soufflé with a nice even and stable rise.