After 60 days and 7 000 kilometres on the road, it’s hard to imagine that the Ultimate Braai Master Season 4, Game On journey —which took 13 teams to some of the country’s most beautiful and remote locations— is finally over.
Billed as the most combustible season yet, 13 teams faced a range of exceptionally tough challenges from host Justin Bonello and equally rigorous judging courtesy of Executive Chef, Bertus Basson and Chef, Petrus Madutlela, neither of whom did much to pull their punches.
- 12 oysters, shucked
- 1 braai tray
- rock salt
- 50 ml soya sauce
- 5 g fresh ginger, chopped
- ½ a green chilli, chopped
- 10 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 10 ml fish sauce
- The zest and juice of 1 lime
- Put a thick layer of the rock salt in a braai tray then place the shucked oysters on top of the salt. Place a slowly burning log into the tray then cover with foil and leave to smoke for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oysters and set aside on ice to cool down.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients to make the Asian dressing then generously drizzle it over the oysters. Leave to infuse for about 10 minutes, then tuck in.