Scarborough chef Phil Mansergh walks to work and forages for ingredients along the shoreline. Try his West Coast Mussels in Spicy Coconut Harissa.
- 1kg fresh mussels
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1kg red peppers, de-seeded, roughly chopped and sautéed in a little oil, until softened
- ¼ preserved lemon, pips removed
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 whole green chillies
- Blend the harissa ingredients together in a food processor.
- Place harissa paste in a large saucepan with the coconut milk. Gently reheat, check seasoning, then add mussels. Bring back to a simmer and sprinkle with fresh, chopped coriander.
- Serve with rustic bread.
Wine suggestion: Porcupine Ridge Sauvignon Blanc