This article was first published on 22 February 2018 and was updated by Leigh Hermon on 29 August 2018.
With spring finally here and summer finally packing its bags to join us in the southern hemisphere, it’s time to get out and about – think picnics, braais and garden parties with friends and family.
In anticipation of the warmer weather, we’ve put together a list of the best picnic spots in SA. Once you’ve settled on a spot to lay your picnic blanket, check out our 6 delicious ideas for the perfect picnic basket.
(We simply couldn’t resist the pun.)
- Emmarentia Dam, Randburg
- Florida Lake, Roodepoort
- Rietvlei Lifestyle Centre, Alberton
- Walkhaven Dog Park, Muldersdrift
- Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens, Roodepoort
- Zoo Lake, Saxonwold
You can also take a look at our list of the Best Picnic Spots in Gauteng.
- Cape Point Vineyards, Noordhoek
- Clifton Beach, Cape Town
- Llandudno Beach, Cape Town
- Newlands Forest, Table Mountain National Park
- Rhebokskloof Wine Estate, Paarl
- Tokai Forest, Table Mountain National Park
- Zorgvliet Wines, Stellenbosch
You can also take a look at our list of the Best Cape Town Picnic Spots.
- Animal Farmyard, Botha’s Hill
- Durban Botanic Gardens, Musgrave
- Inanda Dam & Resort, Hillcrest
- Jameson Park, Durban
- KwaZulu Natal Botanical Gardens, Pietermaritzburg
If you think we need to add to this list, then send us an email. We’d love to hear from you.