Celebrate the creative spirit of two gourmet pioneers with the sweetest pairing – LINDT EXCELLENCE and Le Creuset. Try this Black-forest Chocolate Tart for a special occasion…
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 160g butter
- 90g icing sugar (sieved)
- 50g egg (1 large egg)
- 250g cake flour
- 1g salt
- 150g butter
- 200g LINDT EXCELLENCE 85% Cocoa
- 80g yolks (4 large eggs)
- 100g castor sugar
- 120g egg whites (4 large eggs)
- 100g castor sugar
- 130g original sour cherries (bottled)
- 125g cream
- ½g vanilla extract
- ½ vanilla pod seeds
- 40g icing sugar
- 40g Kirschwasser or cherry liqueur
- Tart case – sweet pastry: Place all the ingredients into a bowl and combine to form a soft, smooth dough. Wrap and chill for 1-2 hours until firm. Grease a 24cm fluted flan dish. Roll out the sweet pastry to 5mm thickness and line the dish. Blind bake at 180°C for approximately 15 minutes until done, using baking paper and beans. Set aside to cool.
- Chocolate mixture: Melt together the butter and broken pieces of chocolate either on a double boiler or in the microwave (on the lowest setting), and then set aside to cool. In a bowl whisk together by hand the yolks and 100g of sugar to a light and fluffy texture. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg whites to a foam and then add 100g sugar to form a firm meringue. Add the melted chocolate/butter mixture to the yolks and then fold in the meringue. Scatter the sour cherries on the base of the baked tart case and then pour the chocolate mixture over the top of the tart lining. Bake at 160°C for 15 minutes or until firm in the centre. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Kirsch cream: Whip the cream, vanilla extract, vanilla pod seeds and icing sugar to firm peaks. Then add the Kirschwasser slowly. Spoon onto the tart once completely cooled, and add more sour cherries and chocolate shavings to decorate. Dust with icing sugar.