Looking for that perfect dessert to impress family and friends this festive season? Try this decadent chocolate mousse with phyllo pastry cups.
Preparation time: 15 min
Ingredients for Chocolate Mousse:
- 50 g water
- 20g glucose syrup or honey
- 40g Lindt Swiss Classic Dark Chocolate
- 40g Lindt Swiss Classic Milk Chocolate
- 80g cream
Directions for Chocolate Mousse:
- In a saucepan, bring the water and syrup to the boil. Then add the chocolate pieces.
- Stir until well dissolved and a smooth, shiny ganache has formed.
- Whip the cream to form soft peaks and temper in 1/3 of the cream to your chocolate mixture.
- Then fold in the remainder of the cream, mix until smooth and of even colour.
- Pour into your dish and allow to set for 1 hour in the fridge.
Ingredients for Raspberry Cremeux:
- 240g raspberry puree
- 100g eggs
- 5g corn-starch
- 40g sugar
- 30g Blancor Couverture 36%
Directions for the Raspberry Cremeux:
- Make a paste with the eggs, cornstarch and sugar.
- Bring the raspberry puree to a boil and temper in the egg mix – cook out the cornstarch (this takes about 2minutes).
- Lastly, add the chocolate and allow melting.
Also try: Baked Ricotta Cheesecake
Ingredients for Assembly:
- Chocolate Mousse
- Raspberry Cremeux
- MediDeli Phyllo Pastry
- Castor Sugar
- Spray and Cook
Directions for final Assembly:
- Cut the Mediterranean Delicacies Phyllo sheet into desired sizes.
- Spray and cook the ramekins well.
- Butter the first sheet of Phyllo Pastry, placing another one on top of it.
- Continue the above process until all 5 sheets of Phyllo are buttered.
- Place the buttered Phyllo into the ramekin and sprinkle with castor sugar.
- Bake the Phyllo Pastry in a pre-heated over at 180°C for 8 minutes.
- Remove Phyllo basket from the ramekin and bake for a further 5 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Brush the inside of the Phyllo Pastry basket with melted chocolate.
- Pipe in the raspberry cremeux, followed by the chocolate mousse and decorate with chocolate shavings.
Also try: Triple Ginger and Stout Cake
Tips for Working with Phyllo Pastry
- You will need to work quickly once you take the pastry out of its packaging. A good idea is to prepare your ingredients and workstation beforehand so that everything is ready.
- Open the packaging and unroll the sheets, immediately covering the dough with a clean, damp tea towel. This is needed to keep the dough moist. (Note: keep the dough covered at all times when you are not working with it.
- Layer the dough, one sheet at a time, painting on butter or even a cook spray on top of each sheet, using a soft-bristle brush to coat the sheet, before adding the next layer.
- For savoury dishes you can add breadcrumbs on top of the butter in between each layer and for sweet dishes you can add sugar or cinnamon between the layers.
Tip: Phyllo Pastry can be prepared in advance of creating the dish. Create your layers and bake at 180°C for 10 min or until your phyllo is golden brown.