Celebrate the creative spirit of two gourmet pioneers with the sweetest pairing – LINDT EXCELLENCE and Le Creuset. Try this Orange Intense Salzburg Nockerl…
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 200g cream
- 200g LINDT EXCELLENCE Orange Intense
- 300g egg whites (10 large eggs)
- 300g castor sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4 drops orange extract
- 60g vanilla custard powder
- 50g icing sugar (sieved)
- 10g toasted flaked almonds
- 10g candied orange peel
- Ganache: In a saucepan bring the cream to the boil, adding the broken pieces of chocolate. Stir until a smooth sauce has formed. Pour this into the bottom of a square dish and set aside to cool.
- Nockerl: In a bowl whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks, ensuring that they are firm and full volume. This should take 2-3 minutes. Then add the castor sugar slowly until a smooth shiny meringue has formed. Add the vanilla pod and orange extract. Then by hand gently fold in the custard powder and icing sugar. The mixture should be firm and stiff, holding its own shape. Scoop three large mounds into the square dish on top of the set ganache. These should be next to each other in a line. Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes – check the middle to see if the meringue is set. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and candied orange peel. Allow to cool slightly then serve.
LINDT MASTER CHOCOLATIER’S TIP
Ensure that the egg whites are free from any fat, especially that of the yolks. Adding a pinch of cream of tartar will help strengthen the meringue formation.