Top off a quick and easy stir-fry dish or homemade burger stack with this delicious teriyaki sauce recipe from Chef Mune Kimura of Postcard Cafe.
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp juice from grated ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, thickened with 1 ½ cups of water
- Add all the ingredients, except for the cornstarch, in a small pot and bring to boil.
- Add cornstarch at this point, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens.
Video Francois Pistorius
Tudor Caradoc-Davies is a man of many hats – a former Michelin-star dishwasher (at Strahlenberger Hof in Heidelberg, Germany); Dar es Salaam’s first restaurant reviewer (under the nom de plume Shadrack Malimbo); the sex and relationship agony uncle for Women’s Health; and these days he runs a flyfishing magazine called The Mission. But more than anything, he’s a food and booze writer who’s had a hand in several cracking books (The Real Meal Revolution, and Braai – Reuben on Fire).