Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 4 large fresh Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 100g baby spinach, washed
- 4 poached eggs
- 50g soft chevin goats’ cheese
- 100g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Place mushrooms, gill-side up, on an oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Hollandaise. Melt the butter, then remove from heat and set aside. In a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, whisk egg yolks until foaming. Don’t let them overheat. Take the pan off the heat from time to time and scrape down the sides with a spatula. Whisk in a small amount of warm butter, repeating until it’s all incorporated and resembles mayonnaise. Season and add lemon juice to taste. Keep warm over the hot water.
- Quickly wilt the spinach in a pan for a few minutes while the eggs poach.
- Place mushrooms on plates, top with spinach, crumble over chevin goats’ cheese, add a poached egg and then spoon on Hollandaise. Serve immediately.