A great braai stays with you, as does the experience of braaiing… Try Jean Nel’s recipe for haloumi with pomegranate mint salsa…
This pomegranate-mint salsa is quite versatile – it can be used on lamb and chicken dishes as well. – Jean Nel
- 400g haloumi, sliced in 1cm thickness
- A handful of mint leaves, chopped
- 120g pomegranate seeds
- 30ml chopped spring onion
- 250ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30ml lemon zest
- 15ml lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the mint leaves, pomegranate seeds, spring onion, olive oil, garlic cloves, lemon zest and juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Braai the haloumi in an oiled griddle pan over medium-to-high heat, turning once. Remove from the griddle pan and transfer onto a platter.
- Spoon the pomegranate and mint salsa over the cheese.
More Braai the Beloved Country by Jean Nel (Jacana Media)