Greg Gill and Louis Opperman never planned to open a restaurant, but now their organic kos is a hit… In April 2007 Paradise Organics opened its doors. Try their Spinach, Mushroom and Feta Pie…
- 2kg spinach or Swiss chard
- 5 medium onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 500g mushrooms
- 200g feta cheese cut into small blocks
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 5 sheets phyllo pastry
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- Wash spinach well and remove from stalks. Steam lightly and set aside.
- Sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms on low heat until onions are light brown and mushrooms soft. Place in a rectangular oven dish, add spinach and mix well. Add feta and cream on top. Cover with phyllo sheets, brushing each with melted butter before adding the next. Sprinkle sesame seeds over and cut a small square in the middle to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes, until pie is golden brown.