Gather your loved ones for a festive feast with all the trimmings, and create some new memories courtesy of Le Creuset. Try this Gazpacho from Le Creuset’s collection of festive recipes…
Preparation Time: 30 minutes (plus chilling time overnight)
- 1kg ripe tomatoes
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 375ml tomato juice
- 30ml apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 350g red, yellow and green tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Jasmine flowers
- Fill a large casserole halfway with water, set over a high heat and bring to a boil.
- Make an “X” incision with a paring knife on the bottom of the tomatoes. Drop the tomatoes into the boiling water for 15 seconds. Remove, transfer to an ice bath and allow to cool for approximately 1 minute. Remove from the ice bath and pat dry. Peel, core and seed the tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, sweet peppers, cucumber and basil in a food processor. Blend until fine. Pour out into a bowl and add the tomato juice and vinegar. Season and leave to chill overnight in the fridge.
- Slice the rest of the tomatoes in half and arrange on top of the soup.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh basil leaves and jasmine flowers.